Membership provides a meaningful way to give back to the Society and to ensure the future growth and excellence of the Library's collection, research facilities and website content. Membership fees help fund a variety of the Society's historical records collections and
preservation projects. Life memberships contribute substantially to the Endowment Fund which ensures the future financial strength of RVGS.
Interested persons of any age are eligible and welcome to join. Member privileges include:
- Use of the library without a fee, including check-out privileges (circulating books)
- High-speed internet service (at the library)
- Volunteer opportunities
- Reduced fees for classes
- Email address included in the distribution list for receipt of the monthly newsletter, eNews, and the quarterly genealogical publication, The Rogue Digger
- Free Beginner's Genealogy class
- Free Library Resource class
- In-library free access to subscription sites such as Ancestry, American Ancestors, Findmypast, Fold3, MyHeritage, Newspapers.com, and others from time to time
- Voting rights at society meetings
RVGS currently offers three types of individual paid membership categories, as follows:
- Annual Membership includes all privileges listed above. The fee is $30 for each individual and $15 for each additional person at the same address. The membership expires one year from the month of joining.
- Life Membership includes all privileges listed above as well as special recognition in Society publications and on a special plaque in the Jackson County Genealogy Library. The fee is $500 for each individual. The membership expires at the death of the donor and cannot be transferred.
- Life Benefactor Membership includes all of the privileges of a Life Membership as well as voting rights as a Life Trustee on the Rogue Valley Genealogical Society Board of Directors if in attendance at a Board meeting. The fee is $5,000 for each individual. The membership expires at the death of the donor and cannot be transferred.
Follow the link below for a membership application form which you can complete online, then save to your computer's hard drive. You can then either (1) print and mail the form to us along with a check made out to RVGS for the correct amount, or (2) email the form to us as an attachment after using the Buy
button below to make a secure payment for the correct amount.
Membership Application Form